Establishment of Bihar Mahadalit Vikas Mission
For the execution of different schemes for the development of Mahadalits, State Govt. has established a Society called "Bihar Mahadalit Development Mission" under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. A senior IAS officer has been appointed as the Project Director of the Mission.
State Govt. has already provided Rs.17.00 crores to the Mission and Rs.36.80 crores is slated to be provided soon for implementation of different schemes for Mahadalit development. "Bihar Mahadalit Development Mission" has started working on implementation of different schemes. In the first phase it has released a sum of Rs.7.00 crores to all districts for the toilet construction scheme. An Expression of Interest has been published in the News Paper to select good executing agencies for different training programmes in different trades
The VISION of Bihar Mahadalit Vikas Mission is "To fulfill the basic necessities of all Mahadalit communities by socially, economically & culturally empowerment and ensure full participation of them in the mainstream of development". Bihar Mahadalit Vikas Mission has planned a number of schemes on this guideline targeting Mahadalit section of the society.
The Mission has design and developed many innovative schemes / programmes to empower the specified Mahadalit Castes keeping in view:
- To ensure shelter to the landless mahadalit families.
- To improve quality of life of Mahadalit community and redressed existing inequalities in access to service through provision of sustainable pure drinking water & sanitation system.
- To facilitate and strengthen the education system in line with Govt. current policies and legislative frame work among Mahadalit families
- To enroll and ensure retention of students from Mahadalit families appointment of a Local Resource Person (Vikas Mitra) who will be in direct consultation with the Mahadalit Families and will also ensure the implementation of other schemes.
- Economical empowerment of Mahadalit community through strengthening traditional skills & vocational training program specially designed to suite their cultural tradition and according to the interest of the youths from Mahadalit families.
- Empowerment of Mahadalit women.
- To improve and strengthen access to quality and responsive health services for better well being of Mahadalit families.
- To preserve and promote traditional culture of Mahadalit community as well as mainstreaming them.
- To ensure right to information.
- To support and strengthen transportation & communication facilities.
- To facilitate the smooth implementation of govt. schemes at field level.